I already adopted
Thank you for becoming a forever family for an Iowa child!
Post-adoption support services
Even after adoption, it’s normal to still face some unique challenges. That’s why Iowa KidsNet provides post-adoption support services, which are free to families with a DHS-subsidized adoption. Adoption changes lives—so can support!
We’d love to assign a post-adoption support specialist to you who can be your listening ear, attend school or service provider meetings with you, provide curriculum with behavioral tips, support a birth family relationship, find community resources, respond to a crisis and support you in many other ways.
Highlights of services
- You can contact your post-adoption support specialist at any time
- A custom support plan is created to meet your family’s unique needs—even if you don’t yet know what your needs may be!
- Support through phone, email or even home visits
What’s post-adoption support look like? Here's some examples:
- Offering guidance when an adopted daughter wanted to reconnect with her birth family
- Attending a school meeting with an adoptive family and their child
- Helping a family find resources for a child's behavioral issues
Interested in adopting again?
Check out our family profile section where you can create your own online profile for DHS Adoption Workers to meet your family and see if a child who needs a forever home would be a match for your strengths.