Crisis Help

In a crisis, you as a foster parent will almost always need to contact your foster child’s placement worker (from the Iowa Department of Human Services or Juvenile Court Services) and your support specialist.

When you receive a placement, make sure that you have the emergency contact numbers for the worker and keep this information in a convenient and accessible place.

If you need to report child abuse or neglect, please call the Iowa Department of Human Services child abuse hotline at 1.800.362.2178.

Here is some guidance on how to handle the following kinds of crises: